Monday, February 16, 2009

Illustration Friday-Celebrate

This is a piece for my portfolio. I decided to update it in the last few weeks because 1) it was desperately needed, 2) there is a small conference in town on the 21st 3) I really needed some balance (ie: children).

It just happened that I came up with this character on Friday (He popped into my head while I was painting and I had to sketch him quickly before he vanished.), and that it fits in perfectly with this week's IF prompt. I can't remember the last time I participated in Illustration Friday!

Here is Spike who has decided he is going to celebrate without the guest of honor, or the rest of the family for that matter:
(The colors are much richer and have more subtle tones in person, but so it goes with the scanner.)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:41 PM

    I think it's a wonderful concept, it's crisp and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's cute! I love the spiked collar!
    I'm looking forward to that little conference...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello there, spike! Yeah, it definitely take a conference or some event to get us going with updating our portfolio, doesn't it! Have fun at the conference...would love to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!