Friday, October 15, 2010

Sketchbook Project: Opening Pages

Will wonders ever cease? I have finally begun working in my Sketchbook: penciling in drawings, inking lines, adding color. I hope to take a page from Jannie Ho and will be sharing my pages with you guys every Thursday. I tend to spend a lot of time online on Thursdays, so I might as well make use of that time.

Here the opening pages of my sketchbook. I'm formatting it like a traditional picture book, so there will be end papers, but I'm not doing those until last.

I'm taking a pretty laid back approach to my color application. I'm experimenting with media and application, so if things don't come out exactly as I had hoped, I'm going to have to be okay with it. This spread isn't perfect, but it'll do.  I know I messed up the values, so I'll have to watch it in the rest of the book. 
Off to do more pages. Have a great weekend!
*If you click on the image, I think you can see it bigger*

2 comments:

  1. Nice job Diandra! Looking forward to your next pages on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little house! I can't wait to see what is up with all that water...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!