Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Poor Little Girl

Besides experimenting with other mediums, I thought I'd start doing the sensible thing and start adding children to my portfolio...You know, human children.
This little girl is from my redo of my Hansel and Gretel comic. I'm changing the dogs to children. (Although I'm leaving the froggy witch.) I'm also following the advice of an art agent who reviewed my work and putting everything in color-especially since my work doesn't read old enough to have warrant being in black and white.

It's been kind of interesting playing around with these kids. I'm trying to not think too much about what they should look like and what they should "feel" like, if that makes any sense. I'll post Gretel's panel when she's in full color.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way, Alvina Ling has an excellent post up at Blue Rose Girls describing the different publishing terms used on a daily basis. Read up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!