While my son was napping today, I was finally able to break out my watercolors. I inked the paper last night, so my lines were already down. I don't know if that had anything to do with the way I approached my little experiment today, but I was definitely more relaxed about it.
I figured since I was just "playing around" then the results didn't matter. I didn't need to try to protect my line work, since it was waterproof. I didn't need to look like a super-perfect watercolorist, since I was experimenting. I didn't need to worry about the outcome, since I hadn't planned to stick this in my portfolio. In other words, I was free to create. Here's the result:Nice things can happen when you don't put restrictions on yourself! I'm happy with how this turned out, and even happier that when I scanned it in the colors stayed true for the most part. I'm definitely going to be drawing more people, and seeing where waterproof ink and watercolor can take me.