Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Hero

(I've been keeping this in draft stage, but it doesn't look like I'm going to come up with an image for the topic, so I thought I'd post it anyway. )

There are all kinds of heroes: Everyday heroes like parents, police officers, firefighters, military personnel, hospital workers, and teachers. (I feel weird adding that last one, because I am a teacher, but heck-my colleagues deserve some kind of recognition!) Personal heroes: my mom- a(ll) cancer survivor(s); my best friend for having the guts to live her life her way; artists who dare and follow their dreams (per the illo above) and even my students-for daring to go against what is "cool" and choosing to do what is right, or choosing to want to learn. I can go on all kinds of tangents here, people. There's also those heroes that everyone knows; those who do what is right, simply because it is: Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa, Red Cross, Unicef, World Wildlife Federation, Omnifam and World Health Organization

Before I get too preachy, I want to recommend a movie. It's called "The Girl in the Cafe" Now, if you have a short attention span, you may have trouble watching this movie. This movie is all about subtle nuances, and reading people- not just listening to what they say, but how it's said. This movie is making a call to a generation about an ongoing crisis global crisis. It makes you really think and forces you to feel. The two characters in that movie: Lawrence and Gina are two more heroes I'm going to add to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!