Thursday, August 11, 2005

The picture says it all. Well, not really....



I'm Baaaack! After a brief hiatus, my internet connection has been restored. (THANK GOODNESS!) We are in the process of "settling in" to our new house. If any of you have moved, you know that means we have the essentials out and the rest of our belongings remain strewn about the house in boxes. Walking around here is like walking around a cardboard maze. Really, we're making progress!
On the home-for-sale-front: we sold our house! We close on the first of September and that will be the last of it-hopefully. I mean, the house would have been sold by now, but the first buyers we had backed out. Apparently they freaked out about something that is a minor repair. Well, who needs 'em? The new buyers seem more invested in the house anyway.
I began orientation and before-school preparation last week. That has probably been the most stressful part of all this: settling into a new school, with new people. You don't really know how you fit in, ya know? Fortunately, most everyone has been very welcoming and both neighbors in my hallway are very nice. They're also very laid back and fun. This will make it SO much easier to work with them.
Last week I was by myself (as my husband had to return to Houston for his last weekof work. You can't just leave in the middle of a shuttle launch!) unpacking and such. It was pret-ty lonely. No cable, no internet and no phone. You'd think that I'd be doing all kinds of artsy stuff with all the "free time" I had been blessed with. Didn't happen. I watched a lot of Sesame Street (only thing that came through clearly on television!) and focused on unpacking as much as I could. You never realized how much you have...ugh!
Sadly, I've missed a few I-Fri topics due to the move. I am crossing my fingers that next week's crazy schedule (students return!) won't prevent me from posting a nice rendering of something- anything.
*sigh* I've missed ya'll so much! Glad to be back. Don't be a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!