Friday, May 20, 2005

A Learning Experience

Okay, so the winners were posted for the SCBWI contest: Singin in the Rain. If you can't tell from this post title, I didn't win. Well, I didn't want to win. I just wanted an honorable mention! I didn't even get that. darnit. BUT, I saw several entries very similar to my idea (and one very different and fun entry!) posted as runner-ups and honorable mentions, so I know that it wasn't my idea that stunk. It had to have been my execution. I know that the picture was flat, so I'm going to try to work on my technique for my next entry.
Yup, I'm going to try again! Here's to hoping......

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:00 AM

    Maeflower-
    guesss who this is?!?!? I'll give ya a hint. Im a kid in 4th and 5th, and....ummm....oh! im always with kitkat moulder!!!! Do u know who this is now?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duh....you signed your name! Hi Julia, hope you're having a good weekend. Only five more days of school left. :) I'm working on my next entry for Illustration Friday. I'll give ya a peek tomorrow at school.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!