Wednesday, May 18, 2005

nourish, v. - to promote the growth of.


nourish
Originally uploaded by MaeFlower.

This is a work in progress, but I wanted to post before the week caught up with me! This is pig #1. I haven't named him yet, because I have yet to hear it. I plan on using him in many scenes, as the newest addition to my portfolio. He began as an exercise in my acrylics class, and is leading me down an interesting road! I am going to clean him up a bit, maybe play with the colors, but this will do for this week's IFri entry for Nourishment. In case it's too light to see, Piggy here is reading a book; the best source of nourishment in my humble opinion. Books are great for nourishing you with images, new words, and emotion. :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:35 PM

    Piggy is so relaxed at home with her quilt (I know you said it was a him, but I like to thing of him as a her... a little old granny pig reading).

    The book does not stand out too well for me though... could be the scan. Maybe add a little shadow underneath or a stronger outline of it? After all, that bright light would produce some shadows on the objects around it. Just a thought.

    I really like it though. Especially the purple, yellow & green colors. And the cup of coffee (tea?). If it is the latter, a little tea bag hanging off of it would be cute. :)

    Good work, thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!