Friday, May 20, 2005

Three Ladies

I have three new sources of inspiration....I've stumbled upon three illustrators that had me giggling, laughing, and gaping in admiration this evening. They are:

Amanda Morley

Mary Newell DePalma

and

Maurie J. Manning

Now, it's very difficult, when you're trying to do something so terrifying, as I am. I'm trying to regain the confidence in myself to continue to pursue the dream of being a professional illustrator. When you see the work current professionals (such as these three ladies) manage to put out there, one wonders "How in the heck am I supposed to beat that?"
The point is, you don't. Something that I can't wait to put into physical form, is the concept that one shouldn't compare oneself to others. There is a spot out there for every artist. It's up to you to work, work and work some more in order to find it.
So I'm off to gather my tools, set my route and pack my provisions. This is going to be a long, hard journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!