Thursday, October 04, 2012

Illustration Friday-Book


So I created this drawing for this week's theme of  "8" over at The Sketchables.

And I think, "Hmm..that bunny is pretty dang cute."

A little value study, a little color play, finding a happy balance....

And I end up with this. A sweet baby, a yummy book and a happy, familiar scene. The scanner tends to wash out the colors when I do watercolor, but I'm happy with it. I think I may want to keep working and maybe expand her story into an entire piece. But for now, it's a sweet spot. 

6 comments:

  1. Super adorable, D!
    ...and I really like this watercolor technique with your loose linework.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book are high in fiber. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Sweet. Many of our books have little nibbles out of them too... love the palette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a sweetheart, Diandra! Great concept for "8"!! : ) Thank you so much for your visit at my blog..it means a lot! Yes, you are correct! So more mice illustrations for me in my near future. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!