Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Sweet Squares- #1

 Sweet Square FAQ 


Pen & ink, colored pencil, marker. Quote-Neil Gaiman
First square done! I know they will not all be this involved, but I was feeling motivated this morning. I started easy, sticking with tools and media I'm familiar with. I don't know how much I'll do with colored pencils though, as they don't scan very well. Hm.

There is something about seeing letters done by hand that I find very satisfying. I'd like to explore hand-lettering, so I think I may have quite a few wordy squares. How did your Sweet Squares turn out? If you'd like to share, don't forget to enter the static link to your first square below.



If the quote is familiar to you, it's probably because you've seen Neil Gaiman's fantastic commencement speech at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia. He speaks to the heart of every artist. You can find it here.

3 comments:

  1. Great quote! Fun square to kick things off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, and I love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hoot! Great idea! HAVE FUN with it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!