Thursday, January 01, 2009

Bienvenido 2009!

I'm ready to start 2009 with a bang! Here's a shot of my planning board:

In order for me to work consistently and productively, I have to have deadlines (or at least goals). I've plotted out what I want to accomplish this month on my calendar. On the left side of the board is my list of goals for different areas of my artist's life: professional development, writing w.i.p.s, illustration w.i.p.s, personal projects and finally seasonal goals. It looks like a lot, and I suppose another person would be overwhelmed by all that's here...but for me it's like a dessert buffet. Every bit of it is delicious, and I mount a plan of attack that allows me to slowly and efficiently work through every bit. I love crossing things off to-do lists.

And yes, I said I have a list for Writing works in progress. Here's a shot of a list of all of the story ideas I have. (I've blurred the words because they're still very much incubating. Call me paranoid.) I must say that since I've opened myself up to the possibility of writing stories, the ideas have been flowing fast and furiously. (It's like a clown car!) Now I just need to make myself sit down and turn them into full-fledged stories.
And finally here is a list of my intentions for the year. Pretty straightforward, and the thought of being able to draw a line through each of these send a tingle up my spine-heehee!

Well, I'm off to accomplish today's task. I hope each of you have a wonderful and lovely New Year's Day. (What are your aspirations for 2009? )

2 comments:

  1. YEs! Dee, I think our brains are on a similar track..I'm making my very own board right this minute! My trouble is, breaking everything down into bite sized chews, but this post is very inspiring. Go, Dee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:12 PM

    Very inspiring, Dee. I like the way you think! One question . . . what does the "Mick Jagger" line mean to you? Satisfaction? I'm stumped on that one. Good luck with 2009!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!