Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bleah

I was so excited last night because I had no errands to run, no housecleaning to do, nothing (besides my son) that would require my attention today. I had the whole day to devote to art if I wanted. And I did want. Then I wake up today and...bleah. I was not at all interested in continuing on with either of the more labor intensive projects sitting on my drafting table.

I figured that I shouldn't let today be a complete waste, so I dabbled around with one of the mini scrap canvases I've made myself (just for experimentation). This is what I came up with: I had no idea what I was doing when I started; just squirted a bunch of paint out, and randomly let my brush do what it wanted. I have a feeling of where I could take this now, so maybe in a few days I'll post the second part of this little piece that certainly does not reflect my current energy level.

Maybe it's wishful thinking?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:55 AM

    This is great! Those days when I don't have any energy and just doodle and mess around, always lead to something great (errr...eventually)but can be really frustrating in the moment.

    I think it's part of transforming creatively, and moving into a new style. Go Dee!

    Also, I love the owls below! I've been really into owls lately. They're amazing...I just saw a beautiful beautiful owl up close a month or so ago, at a bird sanctuary. Amazing. They really are even cooler in person. Those eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be great for wrapping paper or fabric design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!