Thursday, January 05, 2006

Night-Redone

Well, I've finally finished. I redid one of my favorite pieces to add to my portfolio in preparation for this. I already told you how frustrated I was by this process, but it has finally come to an end.
Here's the orginal version:
And the newer version:

I realize that this illustration is not without its faults. However, I am loving the color uniformity (the fact that I have a better grasp on color and its application never ceases to tickle me.) as well as the slight change in perspective. Yay! One down, four to go. Wish me luck...I go back to work in three days!

2 comments:

  1. The girls are more realized, the animals look great. The only suggestion I would have is too bring in some darks, maybe in the grass with similiar brush strokes you have in the first one. (adds texture too) Great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree about the darks. I've already started adding the blades and darks. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!