Friday, September 16, 2005

Go ahead, make my day....

Yesterday was library day for my students. I was standing there, and another teacher came in. She and I are good friends. She is about my height, with wavy hair down past her shoulders. She's a red head, has freckles and gorgeous apple cheeks. Basically, she's a real cutie.
Back to my point...Ms. X came into the library to talk to me about a test we're creating, and then left shortly after. One of my students asked me, " Is she your sister?" I looked at the student and said, " Ms. X? No way, why do you ask?" The student blushed a little and said, " Well, you both have orange hair (She's a true red head, my hair is browinsh with red highlights), it's wavy/curly, you're both skinny and about the same height and you both teach English." I said, "My hair is nowhere near as red as Ms. X's hair; no, we're not related."

Despite how off-target my student was, can you believe I actually got a little thrill when she said I was skinny? Sheesh, and I thought being an artist would help me rise above these base vanities...obviously NOT!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO worried about all of you! I'm crossing my fingers for you all. Safe trip, and I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!