Monday, May 16, 2005

yee-haw!

I am so excited! I just got my information for the Texas SCBWI conference in Arlington this September. I am SO going! Maybe by then I'll have my stuff together, and I might actually have a portfolio that I can get critiqued!

Okay, enough with all the exclamation marks. In other news, I have started an acrylics class, and I love, love, love it. I'm the youngest one in there by at least twenty years, but it's all good. We have a good time chatting it up. :) I'm focusing on adding pieces to my portfolio. The instructor has already given me great advice, even suggesting I take a watercolor class...baby steps, man! Anyway, he also suggested I create a "family" of characters in various situations....showing various movements, expressions, etc. Also, he suggested I work on two-three paintings at a time, to maintain color integrity and overall flow. Not bad, huh? Now I'm trying to figure out which of my crazy guys should go into this next batch....I'm off to plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!