Sunday, April 03, 2005

Oooh, the possibilities

One of my professional goals for this year was to participate in at least three illustration contests. Well, looks like I got my wish! I recently browsed around on the SCBWI website, and checked out their contest links. They have a new contest, and what a great topic! I have five possible sketches I could use. One of them, is already my favorite. I would post them, but I think I'll wait until after the contest. Just in case. :)
What amazes me is that four months ago there would be no way that I would think about entering a contest like this. Not just that it's a competition, but have you SEEN the talent that appears on the SCBWI site? (OMG,Becky!) Anyway, I think it's a sign of my growth that I'm willing to take a risk like this. I mean, is it really that risky? What's the worst that could happen? I don't win?
So, I've been working on my contest entry, and looking at the gajillion sketches occupying my sketch book. They're all screaming at me, "Me! Make me! NOW!" Ack! Where do I start? I can't wait until summer gets here, and I have all the time I need to tackle these projects. (The upside to this is at least I am staying busy!) My portfolio is eagerly awaiting more input!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!