Friday, April 15, 2005

The Joy of Me.

I'm very excited. I think I have rediscovered some of my original style. Let me s'plain. I have been attempting to work mainly in watercolors. I figured that a lot of illustrators I admire work in watercolor, so I should too. Watercolors aren't BAD, but I haven't had enough practice with them to manipulate and control colors as I wish I could. My execution isn't all that
great.
However, I have recently decided to use acrylics once again to illustrate with. OMG! The difference! The colors pop so much better, I can handle the execution (and more importantly, the correction of mistakes) brilliantly, and my scanner seems to like opague colors more than transparent, so my pictures seem to have a higher quality to them. Tomorrow, I plan a trip to the art store, where I will be stocking my rainbow-hued supply of paint. Yippee!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:59 PM

    So do we get to see this new experiment? You know what's funny? I've gone through this too this week. The project I'm finishing up needed a color cover-non felt. The Editor had requested something similar to one of my older pieces she had seen. (It was done in acrylic.) The freedom with the acrylic was fabulous, I had forgotten how much I enjoyed working in that medium. =o)
    ~roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on it! I'm redoing an entry for an illo contest, and as soon as I'm done, I'll post it. :) I think I may play around with some "fun" pieces, and I'll try to post those too. Isn't it funny how much we all share?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:49 AM

    Hey Dee,

    Your blog "this post", leads me to believe you will find my information on our Best Career Wages site to be very beneficial.

    Some of the not so common searches that found our extensive wages site included ...

    Actors Wages
    Art Directors Wages
    Artists Wages
    Athletes Wages
    Sports Competitors Wages
    Audio Equipment Technicians Wages
    Broadcast News Analysts Wages
    Broadcast Technicians Wages.

    We have many hundreds of "essential to read" articles on wages and career topics in addition to many other popular subjects in our Average Career Wages site.

    Best Wishes
    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!