Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Blooming with delight


Swan lake- sort of.
Originally uploaded by MaeFlower.

Okay, this did not even turn out like I had planned! Oh well, it was a good exercise. I have decided that if a piece of paper is larger than 7x10, my drawings become warped. I lose detail and shading. Anyway, here is my swan with her cheeks blooming with pleasure at the applause from the audience. I think she's kinda sweet. (I know the background stinks, but it was a huge sheet of paper, and I don't have any cool programs right now. I'm too tired and used Paint to fill in the white space-*gasp!) Oh, if you have any comments, critiques or questions, be sure to leave them here. I'd appreciate it!

9 comments:

  1. You are WAY too hard on yourself ! This is a great illustration, and it's original as hell ! You get an A+ + + ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree: very original and graceful and fun. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:10 AM

    i love her! it's a wonderful illo
    -kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:53 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:53 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:53 PM

    I like her alot too. Great idea and I like how she is bowing to the audience, very cute! ~roz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I think it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys, I really appreciate your positive reinforcement. :) I'm happy with how my swan turned out, just not the background. But considering I did it (background) all digitally, I still have plenty of time to tweak the image. :) Oooh, I thought of a new technique to use. I'm going to repost this image, with a different appearance- so stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute!
    My husband and I were actually talking about Swan Lake yesterday. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!