Friday, June 04, 2010

The Ripple Effect

I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't stand to watch the ongoing coverage of the Gulf Spill.  As someone who was within a hairsbreadth of becoming a wildlife biologist, my heart breaks at the destruction and death that is so thoughtlessly being dished out. As someone who lives on the Gulf, I rage against how corporate greed and carelessness is costing thousands their lives and livelihood.

I've been frozen, unable to think how anything could be done to help.  Fortunately, my pal Kelly Light started selling sketchcards to raise money for the IBRRC's and IMMS' efforts to save wildlife from the Gulf Spill. She has taken action, and I am so happy she has done so, as it has freed me from my own helplessness. Word is being spread, and other illustrators are wanting in on the action.  We're growing in numbers, and donating our own sketchcards to the cause.  As a result, Kelly has created a blog to host the artwork. Please check out Ripple, and the growing number of artists who are helping the cause. Feel free to participate, donate and spread the word!

And if you need proof on how badly the oil spill is affecting the wildlife, look here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!