Saturday, April 25, 2009

Frolicking Faeries and Frustration

You know how some days there's no stopping you or your pencil? Drawing is like breathing and wonderful creations appear on your paper. You are an artist-here you roar. Today was not like that at ALL.

I had to really work at what I was doing today. I had sketched out a few responses to the Watercolor Wednesdays monthly prompts. I went back and looked at a few of them and realized they had a loooong way to go before I should even think about painting them.

Here, pictures speak more than words, right?
Initial sketch.
Second attempt
Final sketch.

Over and over I drew these freakin' faeries. They were supposed to be playing, but I was working. I came face to face with the fact that when I first start drawing, my sketches are very tight and restricted. I have to keep working to loosen up my muscles and eventually, loosen up my images. Well, I'm off to work some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!