Woot! I finished my piece for the Soup's Monthly Challenge. I kind of had to considering that this month's assignment was proposed by yours truly. Here's a peek:
Isn't he just pathetic? (It's his own fault, though.) Poor thing even lost his toes because of the scanner! I really enjoyed this little guy. He's definitely unique.
Oh, and I ended up not experimenting with my medium on this project. I attempted watercolor early on, hoping to better preserve my linework. It didn't work out. It never does. Watercolor and I broke up a long time ago, and just when I think I want to give watercolor another chance, it does something completely unreasonable, and I have to dump it all over again. It's just not my medium. Too high maintenance: prep the paper just so...only this amount of water...blah, blah, blah.
So yeah, I used acrylic, pencil and a little marker on this one. Much more fun and stress free. I figure if a medium is causing you sweats and feels very forced and uncomfortable, it's not meant to be! That's the lesson I learned.