Saturday, February 23, 2008


Well, I'm finally done with my adapted Hansel and Gretel. I took the three images I did for the Soup challenge way back and expanded them into a five page GN dummy of sorts. It's not really a dummy...I didn't write the story. But I am adding it to my portfolio.
I had a lot of fun figuring out panels and pacing for the section of the fairy tale I chose to illustrate. I know I have a ways to go with this new format, but I really enjoyed it. It was a lot of took me an entire week to do the five pages...from storyboarding to sketching to panels then penciling, and finally inking. Yeesh! Imagine how long it would have taken me if I had to write the story first!
I can't fit the pages in their entirety on my scanner, so I'm going to have to take it to a local shop and get them to copy it down for me. Once I do that, I'll load it to my online portfolio, so you guys can see the story flow as well as the panel text. Not sure when I'll get that done but hopefully I'll remember to let you know about it.

Next Project: a worried chicken and one stubborn chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!