Sunday, September 09, 2012

Sweet Squares #6

Watercolor, pastel pencil, ink
This is my favorite square so far! I admit, I've been kind of cheating with the squares. Some days I can't help but plan what I do. Kind of going against the whole "process not product" goal. Self-sabotage anyone? Ugh!

So today I came to the studio to create one thing, and midway through letting the watercolor bleed I said, "Well, let's see where this leads. You can always do the other idea if it doesn't work out." I think it worked out!

I like this contrast of the soft, imperfect background and the more defined details of the fish and coral. Something to play with in the future?


2 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. It's very sweet and your coral is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!