Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bzzz!

To say I like to be active in the illustrator community would be an understatement, I think.  I adore Twitter and its weekly round-up of tweetchats. I happily blog over at The Sketchables as well as here. I've done a few Ripples, and intend to do more. I've done the Zero 2 Illo twelve week challenge, and have really enjoyed the community clubhouse.  I'm the IC (illustrator coordinator) for the local SCBWI chapter, and have even set up a virtual critique group for our members so they can continue to grow when they can't meet face to face. I think They Draw & Cook  is a fabulous playful site and I can't wait to try my hand at illustrating a recipe.


And yet I think just one more thing couldn't hurt.  So I'd like to share with you the newest project I'm a part of.  We're called the Story Book Bugs, and we're eight illustrators crawling with creativity whose focus is creating for children and the story books they love to read. Why don't you fly by and check us out? I'm sharing space with some uber-talented ladies who blow me away on a regular basis.

(Eventually we will have right buggy portraits on our homepage. I'm a leeetle behind on that project!)
Update:
Glutton for punishment that I am, I just signed up for a fantastic looking live watercolor course taught by Molly Murrah.  Check it out here if you're interested.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I wish you much success!
    It's hard to find an active group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Way to go Story Book Bugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!