Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Big Dummy

If you haven't yet read Bob Staake's blog entry about picture book dummies, you should. He features a picture of his own dummy guide.
I've sketched out something like this before when creating my own dummy and I have to say, I like Bob's version. It makes for a handy reference guide. Then, yesterday I was reading one of my favorite blogs, and I stumbled upon this post where a reader says Bob's version isn't the end-all, be-all of dummy guides. Therein he shares this version of a dummy:
(Michael Johnson's version)
Drawn's Johnny goes on to add his thoughts on the subject. I think the post is a great one. The best part? Pros like Adam Rex, Jarrett Krosoczka and Ward Jenkins all pop in to add their two cents in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!