The watercolor experimenting continues today. Halfway through the panel I was working on, I messed up the skin-tone on my character. I decided rather than give up, I'd redo the panel on a separate page, and replace the original panel later. The paper I chose for the redo was not the same as the original, and I assumed that although the weight was not the same, it would be okay.
For the most part, it was. But as I was adding the color, something really odd started happening. I couldn't tell if it was caused by the pen indentations or the marks made when I transferred the image using carbon copy-but in any case there was a bizarre resistance of color near any line. As a result, the pigment pooled in some odd ways and left white space all over.
I tried to counteract this by making the ink lines a little thicker, but it was a little annoying to have to even do that. I'll definitely be avoiding using this paper for any other wc projects.