Gah! I've been tagged by kg!(who has by the way, what's got to be one of my favorite header quotes) I'm supposed to list twenty random things about myself. Well, that should be easy, since I'm such a gabber by nature! Here goes:
1. I was born twelve days late; that should have been clue #1 to my mom. (Hey, it was winter in Berlin. Would you want to come out?)
2. Every member of the maternal side of my family (excluding cousins) has red hair-all the way back to my great-grandmother. I was graced with red highlights only.
3. I married a redhead. Think there's a connection?
4. Although I am pretty gregarious now, I was painfully shy when I was little.
5. I have two tattoos. I will add to these next year.
6. I love corn on the cob, but am revolted by loose corn kernals.
7. If I eat too much sugar, I will wake up the next day with a hangover: puffy eyes, swollen tongue, headache, etc. NO LIE.
8. I read Harry Potter, Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince each in one day.
9. I have an insane knowledge of random animal facts, particularly dogs.
10. I have owned almost every rodent imaginable as a pet: mouse, rat, gerbil, hamster, guinea pig, rabbit and ferret. One day, I would like to get a chinchilla.
11. I worked for the Humane Society/SPCA as an adoption counselor after graduating college while waiting for my "real" job to be found. I think I could have happily worked there for the rest of my life.
12. I share the same middle name as my mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, and various ancestors all the way back to the 1800's.
13. When I was about seven, I fell out of a top bunk and fell to the cement floor without waking up.
14. I had my tonsils and adnoids removed when I was three. The doctor told me I had a monkey stuck in my throat, and that he needed to be rescued. When I woke up from surgery, I had a stuffed monkey next to me in the hospital bed.
15. I had to attend speech therapy during my entire elementary career, because I spoke like Sylvester the Cat and Elmer Fudd.
16. Spiders, snakes, rodents, etc. do not freak me out. However, if I enter a room and see a cockroach I will freeze up completely-*shudder.*
17. I frequently got in trouble in school for chatting too much in class. As a result, I am more sympathetic to my chatty students.
18. I taught myself to read when I was three. I am still a voracious reader.
19. I put pepper on almost everything I eat.
20. I love to laugh.