Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Happy Belated Fourth of July!

Okay, first thing's first. I had the best Fourth of July! (I hope you did too!) My Husband and I went with a coworker of his (let's call him C) to a camp located across the river from Garner State Park. This is one of my favorite recreational areas of Texas, people. I-love- it. It was great. The camp is really some land that a lady and her husband divided up into separate areas with little shelters on each one. So it wasn't like we were "roughin' it" camping. I mean, we had access to electrical outlets and all. :) It was very fun, though. I became good friends with the C's wife-she's a riot! I also got very, very tan, even though I put on a ton of sunscreen- 45, water and sweatproof! I guess with all the swimming and being outside and tubing down the river, the sun just got its fair share of me. My Husband on the other hand, is doing a very accurate portrayal of a lobster-ouch! It's not his fault, really. I made sure sunscreen was slathered on him at all times. He only has two modes of existence: burned or not burned.

So we returned home yesterday, extremely relaxed and tired. What a pain it was to walk into our house and look at the all the boxes and other things waiting for out attention-yech! We both delayed the inevitable however. He- by working on the computer, Me-by reading Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. Ohmigawd, it was such a good book! You learn so much and the thinking involved is great!

I'm still having to pack up things in order to prep the house for being put on the market. Plus, sometime this week, I have to figure out when and how I'm going to clear out my classroom. Oh, and on that note- I GOT THE JOB! I hit that one out of the ball park! I was offered the job the same day I interviewed. Yeah, so I was pret-ty cocky these last couple of days.

I'll be teaching seventh grade again, and am once again responsible for getting these kids to pass TWO state issued tests-blech. It's okay; after all I've been doing it for the last three years. The only thing I'm a little worried about is the timeline of us moving and me starting work. I literally move into my house the weekend before I'm expected to report to work. The good thing is that it's only orientation for a week, then teacher in-service the second week. The students don't actually report until August 17th. (YESSS, a short first week!)

Okay, so there's my update. I'm extremely behind in my artwork these last couple of weeks, so I'm going to try and create some entries for I-Fri today. buh-bye!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:25 PM

    sounds like fun too me, love gp,howdy--

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!