Thursday, April 21, 2005

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!


cyclone of death!
Originally uploaded by MaeFlower.

Do you remember that scene in the Wizard of Oz where Dorothy is minding her own business, trying to get her and her little dog home? You know, where the "Cyclone of Death" is barreling its way down the countryside with Dorothy in its crosshairs? That's how I feel right now.
There is an opportunity that has presented itself to the Bun and I. It's really Bun's opportunity, not mine. Anyway this opportunity, should it be accepted, would require a change in address, occupation and salary. These aren't necessarily negative things. If we do this, the Bun and I, then he'd earn enough for us to be stable when it's time for me to become a SAHM.
The thing is, I can't tell anyone about this opportunity. Well, okay I told my Mom...but that's my MOM, people! Besides her, I have to keep this thing a secret. Completely. Totally. Absolutely. (I'm an English teacher, I could go all day with the adverbs!) I've already kept this secret for three weeks... and it's killing me!
Besides keeping the secret, there's all the uncontrollable planning that my brain has decided to embark on: We should be packing! Putting up the house for sale! Giving our employers notice! Warning our friends! I can't do that, either. Wanna know why? It's because this opportunity is not a "sure thing" yet. SO until it is a "sure thing" the lips are sealed, the key thrown away, and all of those crazy, overwhelming plans, continue to build up in my head.....or you know, take the form of a killer cyclone.

Hey, does anyone else hear the sound of a train?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment!